Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- work bench light for van

The closet lights I've got, don't seem to like cold. I
remember being on a moving project, and needinig some light
for inside the moving van. I had an Ozark Trail (Walmart)
camping lantern, fluorescent. Would not light at all. A Jeep
LED light was fine.

I'd also wondered about a Teralux bulb.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"gregz" wrote in message

Fluorescents work after warm up, and some are made to work
faster in the
cold.

I would probably wire up some Cree warm white LEDs. The ones
with 3 LEDs
have over 500 lumens each, and those are about $ 17. A
series of the
cheaper $7 ones are good to spread out light. One working at
3 watts, with
heat sink is very bright at short distance, and you buy
different angle
lens depending on app.
That's over 100 lumens.

Oh my, Coleman lantern. That harsh glaring bluish light. I
hate any led
like that.
The Cree warm whites will please you.

I use led supply.