Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default daylight spectrum bulbs

On Oct 17, 10:31*am, Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi everyone,
Ive painted a few rooms with a paint that under daylight is a lovely warm
happy yellow colour. Under energy saving bulbs it looks the brightest day
glow yellow you can ever imagine :-)

We like the colour, and I'm not inclined to paint three rooms again, but
was thinking that a bulb that gave a more "natural" light spectrum would
hopefully make the paint look more normal at night.

Anyone got at suggestions for a source of bayonet ended bulbs with a more
natural spectrum? I've had a look online but most sources are either in
china, or via eBay, which I'd like to avoid unless I am pointed towards a
particular seller or brand that is good.

Thanks in advance for your help m

You can get CFLs in daylight version, marked as daylight or 6500K.
Daylight tinted lighting is however hideous. Halogens come nowhere
near it at 3000K.

NT