Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default daylight spectrum bulbs

Simon Finnigan wrote:
[snip]
Anyone got at suggestions for a source of bayonet ended bulbs with a more
natural spectrum? I've had a look online but most sources are either in
china, or via eBay, which I'd like to avoid unless I am pointed towards a
particular seller or brand that is good.

It's possible to get 42W and 70W halogen bulbs in a bayonet cap fitting.
The 42W is claimed to be equivalent to a 60W tungsten bulb. Tesco sell them
as own brand and they are also available from GE. They used to be sold in
both clear and opal glass but current Eco-nazi rules mean plain glass only.

Halogen should be closer to daylight than CFL.