Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Leaking Amerigas Propane Tank,--Amazing Service

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'll write this really, really slow. Ready?

The other poster said that the propane company he mentioned
was short weighting the twenty pound "nominal" tanks by one
pound.

What other poster? I searched the thread and saw no mention of it.
Besides, it doesn't make sense. The tanks are deliberately underfilled to
allow for expansion. So we have some "other poster" that neither shows up
in Google nor my newsreader who made a comment that you didn't bother to
quote that makes your incorrect assertion somehow correct. Hmmm. Sorry
Chris, no sale. Find that alleged message and I'll gladly admit I'm in
error. Just pulling it OOYA doesn't count.

The math illustrates that 80% fill is 16 pounds. I'll
write it on the chalk board: 20 x 0.80 = 16. Therefore, a
short weight tank would have 15 pounds in a 16 pound tank.

What on EARTH are you talking about? I admit it's fun to watch you dance,
but that's about it. Even your attempts to cover your mistake don't make
any sense and yet you think you were "clear." Clear as mud.

I'm sorry you didn't understand what I so clearly wrote.
Stay after class, and clean erasers.

"Clearly wrote." That's pretty hilarious. It reminds me of the times as a
reporter when people would complain when quoted verbatim: "That's what I
SAID, but it's not what I meant!!!" If you said it so clearly, then you
shouldn't have to go through a paragraph of double-talk referencing some
other message that I can't find (and you curiously neglected to quote) to
try to explain it. Take a writing course and maybe such problems won't
plague you anymore. (-: Maybe I need the magic Mormon Urim and Thummim
seeing stones to make it clear to me?

You said, plain as the nose on my face:

As I understand, they are limited to 80% fill, which means
15 pounds in a 16 pounder. Still, comes up short.

Fifteen pounds in a sixteen pound tank isn't 80% no matter HOW much word
dancing you do. But it IS fun to watch you try to weasel out of your
mistake. Why not just fess up that you made a mistake? People would
actually think better of you for it and not think that you had some
compulsion to be right, all the time, no matter what you actually said. I
suspect inhalation of too much eraser dust trying to prove unprovable
statements.

FWIW, I did find another message questioning your math, so you may *think*
you were being clear, but obviously you weren't:

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: Thomas
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 09:02:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 31, 2:56 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
As I understand, they are limited to 80% fill, which means
15 pounds in a 16 pounder. Still, comes up short.

LDS math.

16*80%= 12.8

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...9e2a1d82b70eb9

--
Bobby G.

----------------
Remnants of earlier message (I don't care to correct your top-post
continuity issues)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message

As I understand, they are limited to 80% fill, which means
15 pounds in a 16 pounder. Still, comes up short.

Ah! I am beginning to see why some of your economic and
statistical
comments (like your claim that the unemployment rate was 4%
when Obama took
office) are mathematically suspect, comrade.

80% of 16 lbs is not 15 lbs.

--
Bobby G.