Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default What would be a good commercial floor vacuum with power brush

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:36:22 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

On 10/16/2011 5:49 PM, Ignoramus23036 wrote:
I was vacuuming my floor at home today, using a power-brush type of
upright vacuum. I remarked to myself that it works very well.

In my warehouse, I would like the same thing, except I would prefer
something bigger, with rougher brushes, and something that would not
need bags. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

I am sure that such things exist, can someone recommend something?

thanks

Coincidentally, I have been looking for a new vacuum cleaner myself. So
I've been checking into them. From what I've seen most of them are now
all made of plastic and I don't like that. They seem to be cheaply made
junk, even the 500 dollar Dysons.

I did run across a company that makes commercial vacuums and they look
pretty good. I may be getting one of them myself. The name of the
company is called Sanitaire and they are owned by Electrolux, I believe.
Anyway, I was looking at them and they look like they make quality
machines. I'd take a look at them.

Hawke

Got me a nearly new, 5 gallon shop vac for $5 a couple months back; a
"TECO Master", it came it it's original box with the shipping label
from T. Eaton Co. Toronto to the former address of the chap I bought
it from. When I took it apart to change the filter, I noticed the date
stamp '12 Aug 1971'. I also noted that it uses a ball bearing motor.
Included in the box were the hose, 2 wands, crevice tool, adapter for
1 1/4" hose, a new pack of 5 paper filters and the original
instruction sheet. The only reason the chap was selling it was that he
wanted a vacuum that he could use to pick up water. In over thirty
years I have needed to pick up water three times!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada