Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default What would be a good commercial floor vacuum with power brush

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:21:56 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

On 10/16/2011 8:49 PM, Ignoramus23036 wrote:
I was vacuuming my floor at home today, using a power-brush type of
upright vacuum. I remarked to myself that it works very well.

In my warehouse, I would like the same thing, except I would prefer
something bigger, with rougher brushes, and something that would not
need bags. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

I am sure that such things exist, can someone recommend something?

thanks

See if you can get your hands on a small used Tennant.
http://www.tennantco.com/am-en/Pages/default.aspx

Bingo, you beat me to it. They have several sizes between walk-behind
and ride-on versions, and they have a fresh water tank to spread wash
water - with soap if you want it - a few scrub brushes to knock off
the worst of the gunk, and a wet-vac that slurps it all up and dumps
it in a waste-water tank.

Ride it around the building once with soap in it, then dump at a
convenient floor sink or sewer cleanout hole. Then go around a second
time with no soap, Squeeky Clean Floors.

Then get out the big Rotary Buffer and fill a garden sprayer with
industrial floor finish (specially formulated for shoe traction),
spray it on and buff it out, and you'll have shop floors so nice your
Momma will be proud.

Johnson Wax makes several varieties for all surfaces, including raw
concrete. And you get certified paperwork for the insurance company
about it's anti-slip properties. Referrals are available, I know one
of their Field Reps...

(This would be good for Tawm with all the Hourlies trolling around for
a good Workers Comp slip-and-fall claim - would probably pay him back
for the effort to get and keep the office & factory floors all buffed
up with lower insurance rates.)

Of course, it's going to work a whole lot better if you get the shop
floor all cleared out and have it professionally ground flat first -
any Terazzo and Stone company will have the big floor grinders and
buffers with a diamond cutters, levels it out real nice. (And all the
patched spots become much less obvious.)

BevMo does this to all their warehouse stores, and it looks good. Get
it ground flat and smooth, then keep it waxed.

-- Bruce --