Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jed Clampett-Mobile

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:50:05 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Oh, reeeeealy, Winston. I talk about the fall of the 'Murrican
civilization and you bring up Doomsday.

You said:
"No, he means the event horizon which is extremely close now, Winnie."

Event Horizon:
"In layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return"
i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so
great as to make escape impossible."

Well, if American politics today isn't a black hole, what is?

That is general enough to mean any precipitous irreversible
change that is likely to have dire consequences.
The fall of our empire and "Doomsday" can both
be described that way.

OK, I'll let you say that, just once.

Can you not discern a slight
difference between the two?

"Recession, repression, man... It's all the same thing, man,"

-Cheech Marin

BTDT, and someone's entire lid got rolled up in the Big Bambu paper
got passed around by about twenty people at the Sandy Eggo Sports
Aroma before Florescent Leech and Eddy warmed up for the Allman
Brothers... I think that was two lives ago.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable