Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default What steel to use?

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Thanks everybody!!

I decided to take the easy way out and use the same fix as last time.
(20d nails). Due to comments I will read the stove manual and adjust
the flame, possibly obviating another 'burnout' of the grate.

Fixed grate picture link below.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1101012...CLDV4_3h2NzVDw

Thanks!

Ivan Vegvary

That grate shouldn't get very hot in use. Not even close to red hot. The
combustion air blows up through it and keeps it from getting hot.
I would check your combustion air and make sure that pellets cannot fall
through the grate until they are burned down all the way.

Most of the ones I have seen were made of stainless steel.

--
Steve W.