Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Made in the USA (grease pencil or china marker)

Carla Fong wrote:
I am not the author, I am passing this along without verifying the
cites, so it may be bogus... But i did get it in an email so it must
have come from the Internet so it must be true...

Indeed!

For the last month or so, I've been looking for
a 'grease pencil' or 'china marker'. My local
office supply stores were helpless as were my
local art supply stores. I didn't want the
inefficient kind that looks like a pencil.
I wanted the kind with the plastic holder that
uses replaceable 'leads'.

My Google searches did not reveal the name of this
neat tool. (I did not check all the half million
cites though.) Grrr.

One of my pals knew what I was on about and loaned
me her grease pencil. Bliss! It works perfectly
in my application, it is exactly what I remembered
from my yout, now has seven colors available and it
is *still made in the U.S.A.* in exotic, inscrutable
Alameda California!

http://www.listo.com/

Model 1620 B

I just sent Stephanie a note to that effect.
http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

I just bought a dozen of them on eBay for about
$1.10 each, including shipping.

--Winston -- Will sport a silly grin for the entire day.