Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected][_2_] news@rblack01.plus.com[_2_] is offline

Default Toshiba motor control IC

On Oct 16, 8:53*pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone help identify a Toshiba IC used for bidirectional control
of a brushed motor? *The original part number is partially missing as
the chip has a crater blown in the package when the mechanism
seized...

12-pin staggered SIL package, with metal heatsink tab
Legend says TOSHIBA, part number begins TA80

The IC is part of the controller for the power antenna in a 1998 Mazda
323F (known as a Miata in North America I believe). *Toshiba don't
list anything similar in their current line-up, so I'm assuming the IC
is EOL and I'm looking at obsolete parts suppliers.

If anyone can identify this chip and, better still, point me to a
datasheet, I might be able to find a similar part or lash something up
using discretes if I can't locate a replacement.

TIA

R.

http://www.datasheets.org.uk/
for ta80* driver

ID 1 * *First line: motor mind c TA8082H TA8082H DUAL MOTOR DRIVER Abstract:
.. DUAL DC MOTOR DRIVER. The TA8082H contains two motor driver circuits with
a current capacity of 1.5A for directly driving bidirectional DC motors.
Inputs DI1A / B and DI2A / B are combined to select .. *Tags: motor mind c
Z/1.5A* * TA8082H * 213.24 Kb * 7 Pages * Original * PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 2 *First line: TA8052S TA8052S 0.3A MOTOR DRIVER WITH BRAKE FUNCTION
Abstract: .. 0.3A MOTOR DRIVER WITH BRAKE FUNCTION. The TA8052S is a
full-bridge driver which directly drives a bidirectional DC motor. Inputs
DI1 and DI2 are combined to select one of forward, reverse, stop .. *Tags:
TA8052S * TA8052S *205.57 Kb *7 Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 3 *First line: TA8062S TA8062S DUAL HIGHSIDE DRIVER Abstract: .. DUAL
HIGHSIDE DRIVER. The TA8062S is a 0.3A highside driver containing two
circuits in one package. The input level is TTL compatible so that the
output can be controlled directly from CPU system .. *Tags: * TA8062S *163.9
Kb *7 Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 4 *First line: TA8050F TA8050F Motor Driver with Brake Function Abstract:
.. 1.5 A DC Motor Driver with Brake Function. The TA8050F is a 1.5 A motor
driver which directly drives a bidirectional DC motor. Inputs DI1 and DI2
are combined to select one of forward, reverse, stop .. *Tags: * TA8050F
174.02 Kb *9 Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 5 *First line: TA8069F TA8069F SIDE DRIVER Abstract: .. 4CH LOW SIDE
DRIVER. TA8069F is built into four 0.5A low-side driver ICs which drive
lamp, relay, and solenoid actuators. Inputs from DI1, DI2, DI3, and DI4
switch ON and OFF modes. Inputs are TTL .. *Tags: * TA8069F *305.92 Kb *10
Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 6 *First line: TA8081P TA8081P 0.7A MOTOR DRIVER WITH DIAGNOSIS Abstract:
.. 0.7A MOTOR DRIVER WITH DIAGNOSIS. The TA8081P is a 0.7A motor driver
which directly drivers a bidirectional DC motor. Inputs DI1 and DI2 are
combined to select one of forward, reverse, stop, and .. *Tags: * TA8081P
205.01 Kb *7 Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame
ID 7 *First line: TA8083AF TA8083AF Dual Motor Driver Abstract: .. Dual DC
Motor Driver. The TA8083AF contains two motor driver circuits with a current
capacity of 0.5A for directly driving bidirectional DC motors. Inputs DI1
A/B and DI2 A/B are combined to select .. *Tags: TA8083AF * TA8083AF *315.39
Kb *11 Pages *Original *PDF Download
datasheet frame

Thanks for that, I'll trace the circuit tomorrow, measure the motor
curent under load and find the most likely match. I don't think the
brake function is being used, there's a current-sense circuit,
comparator and SR flip-flop to detect when the motor stalls at the end
of travel and cut the power. I'm not sure why it blew up, a
completely seized mech should shut down immediately. Maybe add a
heatsink, there's none at all at the moment?

Cheers

R.