Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Toshiba motor control IC

wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help identify a Toshiba IC used for bidirectional control
of a brushed motor? The original part number is partially missing as
the chip has a crater blown in the package when the mechanism
seized...

12-pin staggered SIL package, with metal heatsink tab
Legend says TOSHIBA, part number begins TA80

The IC is part of the controller for the power antenna in a 1998 Mazda
323F (known as a Miata in North America I believe). Toshiba don't
list anything similar in their current line-up, so I'm assuming the IC
is EOL and I'm looking at obsolete parts suppliers.

If anyone can identify this chip and, better still, point me to a
datasheet, I might be able to find a similar part or lash something up
using discretes if I can't locate a replacement.

TIA

R.

Does this help?

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...A/TA8051P.html

YOu can use a dual channel power amp IC, found in basic medium power
stereos for this. Or just fab a bridge from some power fets.

Jamie