Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On 10/16/2011 3:34 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 10/16/2011 10:55 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:24:29 -0400, Ed wrote:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:58:02 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Having many years experience working in an automotive dealership I
tend
to support the guys there. I typically go to the guy that has
experience and has been there a while. We talk the talk so to speak
and
he knows that I know what needs to be done. I don't get over sold sot
to speak.

You are fortunate. Many people get sold a lot of unnecessary work
than is mainly needed to enhance the dealer's profits.

Not to bash dealerships, the big chains and some independents are just
as bad.

That's exactly why Searz lost their automotive department. They got
caught in an extremely large sting and found that it wasn't just a few
centers doing it. It was company-wide.

Sears in Houston still has an operating automotive department and shop.
They repaired a flat for me recently.

Yes, but you do realize that Sears (S) went bankrupt, and after (the
lawyers) divested their common shareholders of anything of value
re-emerged and merged with the Kmart Holding Company in 2005 as the
Sears Holding Company. There's a shining example of "capitalism" in the
21st century for you! sacrasm intended

I am aware of that but the sign still says Sears and the shop never closed.