Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default OT wills/beneficiary etc.

"numan" wrote in message
When one is a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, does this go
to probate like the will? Someone I know was the beneficiary of a
life insurance policy. They were not related to the person. Family
members attempted to sue the beneficiary, which they failed in doing
so. This has been about 10 years ago.

I know someone else who just recently found out they are the
beneficiary of a life insurance policy. They were related to the
deceased. Siblings are of course fighting among themselves (sad!)
saying the beneficiary should "share" it.

Course this is a legal issue, but has anyone else reading this been
a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, and what was the outcome?

Courts frequently decide things as a "reasonable person" would. In
this case, the person named a specific person as the beneficiary. It
was his or her wish that the named person receive the money. Simple as
that! Just do as the deceased wished.

FYI - Because other people are wanting money they are not entitled to,
I would bet that is the reason they were not named as beneficiaries
too!