Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default barn paint on concrete

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 05:54:51 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
Can't see your basement from here, but from your description, you need
to start OUTSIDE the house.

Yes, that may turn out to be the case. I'm certainly not going to think
that the job's done (and start building internal frames/sheetrock walls
over the top of things) until we've had a good few storms - and actually,
the snowmelt next spring should be a good test.

Even then, I'm not sure if I'll have to dig down as far as the footers -
it might be that the only problem area is that 3' section between wood
chute and window bay, in which case I can probably just dig down the 5'
or so to seal from the outside, and run a drainage channel under the wood
chute so that water doesn't build up against that wall. But we'll see :-)

I'm not sure what they ever did in terms of outside sealing / drainage on
the property - but after 60 years or so it might not be in such good
condition anyway!

cheers

Jules