Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritchie

On 10/14/2011 1:24 PM, basilisk wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:45:30 -0400, Jack wrote:

Gates and Job's were marketers that ripped off the public. Gates
eliminated competition as much as possible and uses his monopoly to
gouge the public with30% profit margins. Jobs rips his customers off
with a 40% profit margin. XOM rips us off with a 10% profit margin.

At what level would profit be acceptable to you, 5%, 2%, 0% ?

I'm OK with the 10% Exxon-Mobil makes. I get edgy at 40% that Apple
makes, but that doesn't bother me too much because I don't think they
have a monopoly. I'm not OK with a 30% profit that a monopoly (90+% of
the DT market) makes, particularly when the product stinks.

A perfect example of why monopolies are bad business.

Personally, I don't like to work cheap.

Personally, I don't like having the choice to buy any color of car, as
long as it's black.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com