Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Bath Screen Hinge Leaking

On Oct 16, 11:27 am, Andrew May wrote:

My gut feeling is that there should be some form of seal in the hinge,
perhaps an O ring of sorts although there is no evidence of a groove for
this.

The hinge does have seal (item 10 in your fitting instructions)
however it may well be that water that hits this and runs is free to
run out of the bottom. To remedy, it might be worth considering
sealing the base on the outside as per step 8 of the instructions from
this similarly-designed screen from Coram:

http://www.coram.co.uk/pdfs/Frameles...nel%2006 .pdf

(I recently fitted one of these without the fixed panel portion, and
sealed it as advised without any problems)

Mathew