Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air compressor oil

On 10/16/2011 7:35 AM, cj wrote:
My small air compressor got knocked over and the oil in it leaked out.
Do i need a special type of oil to refill it?

thanks, cj

Anything in the manual or manufacturers website about it. I have a tank
mounted compressor I bought from WW Grainger in 1990 that's still going
strong because I've only used the compressor oil sold by them formulated
for air compressor use. I also replaced the little felt air filter with
a manifold and Solberg air filter assembly when I bought the compressor.
It's probably the one thing I did to extend the life of my compressor.
The Grainger site is down for maintenance right now or I would post a link.

TDD