Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On 10/15/2011 7:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 10/14/2011 3:09 PM, Larry W wrote:
In article7eWdndUUUsQguwXTnZ2dnUVZ5qednZ2d@giganews. com,
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 10/14/2011 6:06 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

05 Cavalier, turn the rotors and drums and new pads and shoes.

Turn the rotors???? Leon - nobody turns rotors anymore!

Uh yes they do unless I guess you are talking about one of those 4
brakes for just $99 kind of deals. A typical normally priced 4
wheel job at a dealer is$400, and they do turn the rotors.

Most manufacturers within the last decade or so have started
recommending that rotors NOT be turned.

Not if they need to be turned. If there is even wear there is no need
to do so.

Run that past again Leon - I am not getting what you are trying to say.

If there is a problem with a rotor that can be turned, the service
department will turn the rotor vs, sell a new one. If the rotor does
not need to be turned it probably will not be turned or replaced.