Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Flooring a C shaped corridor

On Oct 16, 7:04*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:56:12 -0700 (PDT), Bowsider

wrote:
The floor area in question is a long hallway and a cooridor at 90 degrees at each end. There is no curve so unfotunately no crazy flooring need apply! I mainly was looking for the best solution to turn a 90 degree corner. Thanks for the photos attached above. Ill probably just but joint it at 90 degrees as the herring bone will take far too much time and expense.

If you reconsider, 45 degree miters at the two corners would look the
best, and would not be too difficult to mate up.

Miters...why? It's a fair bit more work, doesn't work well with
prefinished flooring with already eased edges, the mitered ends would
have to be grooved and splines installed, and the corner still
wouldn't be as strong as simply weaving the corners.

I agree the KISS approach is the best for the hallway.