Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jed Clampett-Mobile

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:53:49 -0500, Sunworshipper SW@GWNTUNDRA
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:54:16 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:02:10 -0400, dav1936531 wrote:

Guy builds a steam powered whatever it is.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a15_1318636799

Very useful for.....well....nothing as far as I can tell, with the
exception that it could make some personal injury attorney alot of
money.

Of course, if you looked and thought while you were looking, you'd see
that it's an antique four-stroke gas engine (started by another antique
four-stroke gas engine). Probably all of 10 horsepower, but it's a
_steady_ 10 horsepower.

The only steam involved is cooling the engines.

I believe it is a hit an miss. Only fires when the fly wheel slows
down, would be great around here with the frequent power outages.

Yeah, one little hit-and-miss starts a much larger one. Wild!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihnpL...eature=related

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable