Lawrence R Horgan

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

Bob S,

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't address the problem. Bernard has it
right.

Look at it this way... Your goal is to align the blade to the miter slot.
The angle that the miter guage is set at is irrelevant... as long as the
indicator (in Silvan's case - a pencil) doesn't change position on the miter
guage as the guage is slid from front to back.

If you clamp a pencil in a miter guage set at 90 degrees, then slide the
guage from front to back, the tip of the pencil, however far out it extends,
will always be parrallel with the miter guage slot. Now, if you clamp a
pencil in a miter guage set at 13 degrees, the tip of the pencil will still
always be parrallel with the slot. I'm sorry I can;t explain it any better,
but as long as Silvan gets his blade as nearly perfect in parrallel with his
miter guage slot, then all is well.

--
Americans

"Bob S." wrote in message
news
"Yes......However".....WTF ?

Wow...what a tough friggin crowd we have here tonight. Just trying to

help
the OP and two guy's jump in looking for a fight nitpicking without

looking
at was said.

Good enough guy's - obviously I'm wrong and you two geniuses can give him
the straight answer so he can solve the problem.

Bob S.