Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:31:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Insurance pays for all that, and my insurance company doesn't even want
to know if I have a saw let alone whether it's a Sawstop.

That will change in the future for Workman's Comp insurance. Our
carrier is very interested in Saw Stop and is recommending their
clients change to them. .

I don't get workmen's comp. If I am injured my medical insurance that I
pay for out of my own pocket pays for it. They had a long questionnaire
about my habits and activities. There was nothing on it about power
tools of any kind.