Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 15 Oct 2011 20:10:38 GMT, Han wrote:

IRS says he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179091,00.html

The Social Security benefits you received in 2010 may be taxable. You
should receive a Form SSA-1099 which will show the total amount of
your benefits. The information provided on this statement along with
the following seven facts from the IRS will help you determine whether
or not your benefits are taxable.

How much – if any – of your Social Security benefits are taxable
depends on your total income and marital status.

Generally, if Social Security benefits were your only income for 2010,
your benefits are not taxable and you probably do not need to file a
federal income tax return.

Don't forget to check your state laws too. In CT, SS income is
taxable, assuming you are in the taxable brackets.

Indeed, but we were dealing with federal income taxes, I thought.

--
Best regards
Han