Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on thehorizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On 10/14/2011 6:06 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:24:59 -0600, Just wrote:

On 10/13/2011 1:09 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/13/2011 1:12 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in :

You are assuming none of this would have happened w/o government. You
are simply wrong. People are capable of making their own decisions and
business is capable of determining how to give the individual what they
want. Right now, if I want saw stop I can buy it. With "balance", I
will not have that choice. The LAST thing I want is some government
hack making decisions for me.

You and I have decided through our voting for congresscritters what
should
be done (lobbyists play no role, right?). Therefore the balance has been
struck. Of course you can appeal to the SCOTUS ...

You don't really believe that the person that you voted for is doing
what you wanted, do you?

And what if the person you voted for didn't get elected?

You try harder. Maybe volunteer next time.

You miss my point. If I voted for someone who didn't get elected, the
statement that I decided through my voting what should be done is a
false statement.