DexAZ

Default Life expectancy of planer blades???

Ron,

My guess is that, like all blades, bits etc., they will fail right is the
middle of a project...about 8:45pm...on a Saturday night...and ALL the area
hardware stores are closed on Sunday.

As the proud owner of a new DW735, I'm hoping the blades are good for a few
1,000 bdft. Good question though. I'll find out down the road a ways.

DexAZ

"Ron" wrote in message
I'm sure the life of planer blades varies with the type of wood, blade
speed, number of blades, etc...

That said how many bf of red oak & cedar should I expect to be able to

plane
before needing to replace/flip blades

Are we talking 100's of bf or over 1000?

ThankX,
Ron