Posted to alt.home.repair

Default moving gas dryer

On Oct 14, 6:02*pm, "MLD" wrote:
"woger151" wrote in message

I want to clean out the vent in my gas dryer. *To really do that well,
I have to move it away from the wall.

To do _that_, sounds like I need to disconnect the gas line, and then
reconnect when done. *Is that really a big deal? *There's all sorts of
advice on how to do it on the web, e.g. in this USENET group at

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...rm/thread/6afa...

Doesn't sound like a big deal. *I'm not that experienced but am pretty
handy and careful, so I figure calling a plumber would be a waste of
money, but wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

That being said, there _was_ an incident around here (suburb of Wash
DC) where some guy blew his house to bits a few months ago. *But I
think he was actually putting in the line to the dryer himself.

Think about getting a flexible gas line.- Hide quoted text -

Probably has a flex line already. I'd check the condition
of it and if there is any doubt about it's integrity I'd replace
it. They can get kinked, damaged, etc from the dryer being
pushed up against it.