Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

In article , lcb11211
@swbelldotnet says...

On 10/14/2011 8:51 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:25:18 -0400, wrote:
Regardless, I don't want protected from myself, period.

It's not 'protected from yourself' that matters. It's the fact that
your screwups cost the rest of society time, money and effort. Do you
actually believe that all the surgery and rehabilitation you'd go
through for cutting off a finger would be covered entirely by the fees
you'd pay? Society funds the bulk of your screwups whether you believe
it or not.

Wink!

Insurance pays for all that, and my insurance company doesn't even want
to know if I have a saw let alone whether it's a Sawstop.