Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No machinists here anymore?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 07:35:17 -0400, Suga Moto Soy
wrote:

Jimmy Suarez wrote:
can somebody tell what kind of thread is this?
http://www.signaturehardware.com/product8636

it is for an old fashined door knob spindle,the thicknes is 9/32 square
stock, and 20TPI,is there a nut or bolt made for this thing? Thanx

I don't know what the thread is, but those things are so soft it usually
doesn't even matter. They'll mush in anything.

I can't believe this Jimmy, nobody can give you an answer,I thought
some great machinists are posting here.I heve seen this type of door
knobs in many houses built from the 1900s to 1940s.

Its not the quality of the machinist..but the quality and variability of
the work piece in question.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)