Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Strange gutter configuration

On Oct 14, " wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 14, " wrote:

Our average annual rainfall is 53". *Due to the design of the house, gutters
aren't possible. *I'd like to have done something over the entrance. *Water
coming off the 12/12 pitch roof isn't fun to walk through and the valley
between the garage (15/12) and house can get pretty intense.

OTOH, the elevation is good (lot slopes ~8' down to the street, from the
house) and it's on a slab, as almost all houses here are.

You can hang gutters off of any roof. *It just depends on the bracket
and the type of gutter. *You could also install Yankee gutters. *You
used to live in New England, so I'm sure you are familiar with them.

Wrong, Rico, as usual. *The house has exposed ornamental (fake) rafter-ends.
No sofit, no fascia. *There is nothing to anchor the gutters to but a sky
hook.

The bug up your ass has reached your brain.

Half round gutters.
http://www.oldworldgutter.com/products_gutter_6.html
http://www.oldworldgutter.com/Gutter/gutter6.gif
and
http://www.guttersupply.com/p-Stainl...-Hangers.gstml

Want K-section gutters?
Seventh one down:
http://www.egutter.com/RAIN-GUTTERS-...uminum-K-Style
"Hanger Alum 5" K Style Wraparound White
Installs 5" K Style gutter to roof with this 5" Wraparound hanger
bracket. Special riveted roof strap enable gutter installation where
slanted or no fascia exist. Available in White and Royal Brown only."

Want rafter attachment instead of roof?
http://www.guttersupply.com/m-copper-shanks-11.gstml

You can ask questions, too. This is how we learn - not by saying
something is not possible.