Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default barn paint on concrete

Anyone know if plain old white barn paint will adhere (and stay adhered
for a few years) to bare concrete without any kind of priming?

I just sealed a couple of my exterior-facing basement walls against
moisture, and the whiteness makes quite a difference to the brightness
levels down there compared to gray concrete - so it got me thinking about
doing some of the internal walls with the barn paint that I have.

Maybe it'll just all fall off, though, or maybe it'll go chalky and leave
marks on anything that rubs up against it... but OTOH it's not like it
has to cope with sunlight or rain, so it's probably just a case of how
well it'll stick to concrete instead of wood.

Eventually, and once I know I've got all the moisture issues under
control, I'll sheetrock down there and make the space more habitable - in
the meantime it just needs to be functional, but not pretty :-)

cheers

Jules