Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritchie

On Oct 14, 9:45*am, Jack wrote:
Steve Jobs was nothing, Bill Gates is nothing, Dennis Richie was a god.
* I, at one time, thought God came to Richie (and his partner Mr.
Kernighan) after becoming frustrated with all the screwed up code being
written at the time, and wrote C and Unix for these two. *Nothing much
has occurred to change those thoughts.

As a young computer science enthusiast I had my copy of K&R always
available whenever I was doing procedural code. At first object code
still had chunks of C and other procedural code in in but eventually
object code made K&R irrelevant.

As far as your hate on Gates and Jobs, please stop using all computer
technologies now or consider yourself a complete hypocrite. And don't
go calling me on your iPhone and ranting either or send me any mail
from your Outlook client.