Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

" wrote in
:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:36:22 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:40:13 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

I apologize for my shorthand. Please allow me to rephrase and
perhaps you'll have a cogent comment on the new rendition: "The REAL
inequity is that 49% of the wage-earning population pays NO income
taxes at all!

Oh, I think I can come up with something :-). Like your figure is
still wrong - it was approximately true for one year only (2009) as I
stated.

OTOH, with the "greying" of the population, I would expect the number
who owe no federal income tax to go up. For example, since our SS
benefits are not taxable, our "taxable" income last year was well
below the 21K threshold that would require me to file a return. Guess
I'm just another freeloader.

BZZZT! Wrong answer! SS benefits most certainly *ARE* taxable.

As almost always, it depends. Check first with the IRS, like he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179091,00.html

--
Best regards
Han