Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:36:22 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:40:13 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

I apologize for my shorthand. Please allow me to rephrase and perhaps
you'll have a cogent comment on the new rendition: "The REAL inequity is
that 49% of the wage-earning population pays NO income taxes at all!

Oh, I think I can come up with something :-). Like your figure is still
wrong - it was approximately true for one year only (2009) as I stated.

OTOH, with the "greying" of the population, I would expect the number who
owe no federal income tax to go up. For example, since our SS benefits
are not taxable, our "taxable" income last year was well below the 21K
threshold that would require me to file a return. Guess I'm just another
freeloader.

BZZZT! Wrong answer! SS benefits most certainly *ARE* taxable.