Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritchie

On Oct 14, 12:45*pm, Jack wrote:

Steve Jobs was nothing, Bill Gates is nothing, Dennis Richie was a god.
* I, at one time, thought God came to Richie (and his partner Mr.
Kernighan) after becoming frustrated with all the screwed up code being
written at the time, and wrote C and Unix for these two. *Nothing much
has occurred to change those thoughts.

Gates and Job's were marketers that ripped off the public. *Gates
eliminated competition as much as possible and uses his monopoly to
gouge the public with 30% profit margins. *Jobs rips his customers off
with a 40% profit margin. *XOM rips us off with a 10% profit margin.

Almost no one knows who Richie and Kernighan are, quite normal for a
screwed up society. *God must have loved this guy to write his code for
him, so I'm sure he is resting in peace. Gates and Jobs on the other hand....

http://tinyurl.com/3ztwfrr

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/14/te...chie-programmi...

And Gates is leaving $50 billion to charity. Yep, he sure was a
schmuck that did nothing for nobody not ever. Sheesh.

If you're looking for saints, go dig up a few.

I am surprised that you don't know the correct spelling of the name of
the guy you idolized/worshipped. I figured that having it spelled out
for you in the URL you provided would have helped get it right.

Ritchie made a huge contribution - don't see why you feel the need to
tear other people down to point that out. But, whatever.

Why is it that the "free market" has decided that Apple's and MS'
pricing is acceptable, but you have a problem with it? Talk about
arguing out both sides of your mouth...