Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:01:19 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 10/14/2011 11:55 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:15:51 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 10/13/2011 8:11 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:49:17 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 10/13/2011 2:33 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:06:42 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 10/13/2011 10:18 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:51:46 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 10/12/2011 2:14 PM, Han wrote:
Larry wrote in
news Snip

IMNSHO, we will grow the economy more if we let the less affluent
buy more ...

GOOD punchline.g
(On the off chance that you're serious, what's your logic there?
How do the poor buy more?)

Getting more spending power into the hands of the less affluent will
lead to more purchasing of manufactured goods (my opinion).

Do you have any good ideas as to how to accomplish that? I'd love it!

Good! Same as above: We would be even richer as a nation if the
resulting wealth was spread out more evenly, not going to corporations
and really rich people who can afford to stash it abroad.

Sets see here Han do you want to share your wealth with me? Probably
not. Corporations which are made up of people and create jobs for
people should not be taxed at all. We don't want to bite the hand that
feeds us.

Right, but also note that those corporations don't pay tax anyway. It's a
cost of doing business and necessarily gets passed onto the consumer. Might
just as well put the tax there. It's more efficient, if nothing else.

Right! Corporations don't pay taxes its customers do.

So do I mark you down in the "Supports Fair Tax" column? ;-)

How wold you like me to answer that? ;~)

Well,...

Ultimately I think every one should pay equally for services that they
are getting. Like going to the store and buying a new TV or going to a
base ball game, no discounts or price hikes for income level or personal
wealth.

"Equality" means different things to different people. I'd prefer a flat
(rate) income tax, likely because it's easier to understand (the ramifications
of) than "The Fair Tax".

I am talking about equal, not a formula for equal. I pay a dollar you
pay a dollar. As you mentioned Equality can include a formula to make
your amount more or less than my amount. Government taxes should the
same and affordable by every one. I think this would eventually be
obtainable if every one had equal interest in how the government spends
our money.

Let's see, $3.5B/312M is only $11,000 per person. We pay that much (only two
of us), and perhaps you do, but I don't see it happening for "the poor". Even
I wouldn't much like it with a family of six. No, flat *rate* is good enough,
even with *a* standard deduction.

And what makes a person feel they are "entitled" to have 6 kids?

Are you in favor of the Chinese solution? Nazi Germany? Do you think the
government should determine who should (not) have children?

That's where you're going with this.

BTW, a family of six usually has four children. ;-)

Don't get me started...lol.

Go for it! ;-)