Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...snipped...
The REAL inequity is that 49% of the population pays NO taxes at
all! How is that fair?

...snipped...

I would say that the REAL inequity is that some of those 49% who pay
no taxes are richer than you or me. As for the poor paying no taxes,
certainly there is some abuse in the system at all income levels, but
personally I have no problem, for instance, with a widowed single
mother making minimum wage at Burger King not paying any income taxes.

I do.

Perhaps another program to supplement her income would be in order.

But giving people a pass on paying (even a slight amount) in taxes is
counter-productive. She could probably afford a dollar per week. That dollar
would give her a stake in federal expenditures and, hopefully, she would
help pester the congress-critters to reduce spending.