Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 13, 11:09 am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

You make things equitable by looking at the world through the
corporate MBA's greedy glasses. Like that **** that GM is pulling
these last couple of years. They compete by offering lower prices on
new cars, like Malibu, then completely rape you when it is time for
a brake job... and after market parts voids all warranties of
course.

I had not heard any such thing. Since when do they void all
warranties for using aftermarket parts? Doesn't seem like that could
be true since there is a complete LKQ industry out there that
insurance companies drive.

I hadn't heard about that either. This could apply to fleet operators
who do their own maintenance maybe?
I will investigate further. But, what is the scoop on the insane
pricing of GM rotors (for instance) vs Ford?
And it's not just brake parts..all parts.

I haven't had to buy GM parts for a few years now - since I quit owning GM
products (except for my 94 pickup...), so I'm quite out of touch with parts
pricing. Back when I was keeping 4 GM vehicles in shape, this was the case
as well. GM has always felt tha their Genuine GM parts were worth a lot
more than I ever thought they were.

--

-Mike-