Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tyvek for roof -- instead of felt?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:38:12 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:51Â*am, tim birr wrote:
OK, I have to say, I don't really know what was going on.

I was on my way to work and saw a "roofing crew" atop a house and
noticed that they had Tyvek spread out all over the roof. Â*They also
had bundles of shingles waiting.

I ASSUME they were going to put the shingles over the Tyvek.

Of course, I grew up with the 15/30 pound felt option.

Anyone know if this is the future. I have a shed I will probably have
to roof in a few years....

Some shingles are meant to be put up without felt....voids the
warranty if you use it. Tyvek may have been used instead of a tarp.

Jimmie

Please supply us with a reference for ANY shingle manufacturer that
voids the warranty if the shingle is applied over roofing felt.