Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Has anyone had experience with Echo chainsaw ?

On Oct 12, 11:21*pm, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:02:10 -0400, Paul J. Dudley wrote:
* I'm in need of purchasing a chain saw. Am having 3 large oaks
trimmed and 3 large pines removed. The trunks of the pines will be hauled
off but I must cut up/burn the limbs. I will also cut up the oak limbs and
stack anything worth keeping for firewood. The rest I'll stack and burn
with the pine. I also have some clearing to do here and there.

*I've been looking into husqvarna and stihl, but then I noticed
echo saws. Has anyone had any experience owning/using echo ? Trying to
keep the price at 300 dollars.

*TIA

* Paul

* Thanks to all replies. I'm now looking into Husky.
* I am now looking into 235 e-series - 34.4 cc, 1.8 hp, 13"-16", 10.3 lbs
* at $199.95. From the reviews I've read this saw might be the one I
* need.

Well, just got my bailey's catalog today in the mail. They are
cutting prices on their Husky saws and offering free UPS shipping.
You can step up a bit and get the 240-series 38CC 16" BAR & CHAIN for
the same $200 at the moment. Step up to an 18-inch bar and it's $45
more. And, as I mentioned, shipping is free.

Bailey's is an old-time Northern California saw shop which has
embraced the digital age. I think they have even opened up a
distribution center on the East Coast.

Anyway, if you are interested, Google them.