Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Exterior Paint Estimate for this house

kansascats wrote in :

Red -- I'm looking into pump jacks but don't quite see the advantage
for my case. A perry type scaffold will help me reach most of the 9'
walls. If 2 of those stacked and with some solid outriggers get me
to 12' then I can reach most of the others except as I noted in my
last post -- the 22' garage gabel ends and part of the dormers. Any
suggestions for setting up a level platform on a roof? Most of my
roof is a very low slope covering a porch. Once section is 45
degrees with a dormer that needs to be painted. I can probably use a
ladder on the low slope with a cleat on the roof. The crazy idea is
to put a small ladder atop the 12' perry scaffold to get another 3'
above the scaffold. I don't like the "sound" of it either. And more
than likely when I"m 12' off the ground standing on a 30" x 72"
platform the idea of going any higher is going to fade.

Can't take a pic of the actual place? Might help others give a
suggestion. I did see your original links.

As far as the garage, like Ricod said, an extension ladder with one of
those U-shaped standoff attachments with the rubber boots.

Thing that attracted me to this one was that depth is adjustable from
13-25". Doing the fascia boards with it adjusted out means no leaning
back or painting overhead...and no ****ting pants in the process.

http://www.industrialladder.com/prod...categoryID=783
Arrived in a matter of days...back in 2009 anyway.

Actual pic of my unit in use. Set about half way depth.

http://i38.tinypic.com/29xu0dw.jpg

As far as working on a 12/12 pitch, maneuvering just yourself on that is
high risk let alone equipment. Jacks and boards are bulky and heavy.
Withdrawl pump jack idea in this area.