Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:43:09 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/13/2011 12:22 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:40:57 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/12/2011 9:37 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Han wrote:

We need to simplify the tax code by eliminating many of the loopholes
and preferences, and tax the wealthier at higher effective rates.
Both corporations and individuals. Payroll taxes have been going up,
as have state and local as well as sales taxes. That has put more
and more of the burden on lower wage earners, while higher wage
earners and those not relying on earned income have gotten a break.
It's time to put more purchasing power in the hands of lower income
people.

And, while not really rich, I always have been comfortable.

The REAL inequity is that 49% of the population pays NO taxes at all! How is
that fair?

I'm with you on eliminating loopholes. There are two goals of the tax system
as it is currently implemented:
1. To raise revenue.
2. To foster (or suppress) social activity.

IMHO the tax solution is for "everyone" to pay the exact same amount of
taxes. THIS WOULD TAKE SEVERAL YEARS TO IMPLEMENT AND THERE COULD BE
SOME EXCEPTIONS BUT DAMN FEW. Every one means a family of 5 pays 5
times what a single person pays. You might be surprised to learn that
it is doable with the understanding that it would take several years to
fully implement.

Would that be fair? Absolutely. Why should you pay more taxes than
your neighbor when he gets the same benefits as you. Why shouldn't he
pays as much in taxes since he gets the same benefits as you?

A fact, a great number of voters do not pay taxes and expect the
government to take care of them. One political party uses these voters
to keep them in office. Take away the freebies and make everyone pay
their fair share and see what happen with government. No more playing
favorites. Every one will expect the government to trim down and act
responsibly because that will lower everyone's taxes. If you don't pay
taxes you really don't care whether the government is going farther into
debt or not.

So, the billionaire who's paying 400 times as much as you stops paying
99% of that. Who do you suppose ends up with much larger bills? Right.
The poor and middle classes. Corporate taxes drop by the same margin.
Oops, there goes the funding for any gov't services at all.

If the billionaires are paying 400 times as much as me, I can assure you
all of them put together would not amount to a drop in the bucket. If
they all stopped paying taxes you would not notice a drop in revenue.

Here's just one who burst your whole bubble, Leon. http://goo.gl/Kl2lg
Somehow, I doubt he's alone in paying actual taxes. He did, as you
saw, take a whole lot more deductions than we can.

GE paid almost no taxes last year. Why is that? http://goo.gl/14DBG
And the get beaucoup grant monies: http://goo.gl/aeyw7

You realize that the more corporations pay in taxes the more it cost you
and me. The more they pay the more jobs get shifted over seas. the
more they pay the fewer jobs they create.

I think we both want the same thing but we haven't removed all of our
masks and filters yet. DO research that little concept, please.

Why is the IRS going after the little guys who owe dollars instead of
the guys who owe millions?

I cannot say that that is actually happening. I suspect that both are
being looked at closely.

I have tons more questions.

Please think that problem out, Leon. I'd like to see it onscreen.
Here's a quick page which will help you get started:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/income...hopaysmost.htm

What we need is to find some way for the bottom half to pay their
share, an extension of Workfare, knowwhatImean? Individuals at the
same rate doesn't work, period. Well, unless it's extremely high,
which means that the bottom 60% of us will be in jail for nonpayment
or extreme underpayment of taxes.

I know that it will be harder on others including me but I feel that to
control government spending you have to get every ones attention.

Ahem. The last bloody revolution did that nicely. I wonder if the
gov't would give GE grants toward -that- goal, too...

Every
one eventually paying for what they are getting IMHO would do that.

Nix that grabbing concept, too. See below.

don't think it is a matter of electing the wrong person from a group of
candidates. I believe that all the candidates are equally bad for our
country.

Agreed.

BUT those not paying taxes don't care so much as those that
are paying taxes who get elected.

The "grabbing whatever the gov't will give me" concept is one of the
largest trashers of our country.

I know that I am dreaming here as it will never be allowed to happen.
The government is working exactly like it wants right now.

And it is up to We The People to change that. Let's begin.

The government does not want to improve education because people might
start thinking and that is bad for government.

Too true. A dumb electorate is a manipulable electorate.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that