Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:21:36 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...snipped...
The REAL inequity is that 49% of the population pays NO taxes at all! How is
that fair?

...snipped...

I would say that the REAL inequity is that some of those 49% who pay
no taxes are richer than you or me.

Define "richer". If you mean money in the bank, well, we don't tax wealth
(shh, don't tell BHO). We also don't tax income on certain municipal bonds,
because holding them is deemed to be a good thing. If you want to tax them,
fine, but understand that many more municipalities will go under as a result.
These things have consequences.

As for the poor paying no taxes,
certainly there is some abuse in the system at all income levels, but
personally I have no problem, for instance, with a widowed single
mother making minimum wage at Burger King not paying any income taxes.

I do. To be a full member of society, *everyone* should have skin in the
game.