Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Leon wrote:

IMHO the tax solution is for "everyone" to pay the exact same amount
of taxes. THIS WOULD TAKE SEVERAL YEARS TO IMPLEMENT AND THERE COULD
BE SOME EXCEPTIONS BUT DAMN FEW. Every one means a family of 5 pays
5 times what a single person pays. You might be surprised to learn
that it is doable with the understanding that it would take several
years to fully implement.

Would that be fair? Absolutely. Why should you pay more taxes than
your neighbor when he gets the same benefits as you. Why shouldn't
he pays as much in taxes since he gets the same benefits as you?

Sounds like you're an advocate for my "Fair-Fair Tax" plan. I sent the
outlines to Senator McGovern back when he, as a presidental candidate,
advocated sending everybody $1000. At that time, our population was
about 250 million and our national budget was about $250 billion.

That works out to a tax of $1000/per person. Send it in.

Ah, but what about the person who doesn't HAVE $1000?

They could contribute unit of blood platelets (at $100) each month for
ten months and have their taxes for the year paid (I call this my Tax
Withdrawal Plan).

Sure, you might say, but what about the teen-age mother with four
children? She can't contribute five units of blood platelets and we're
certainly not going to drain toddlers! (that would be cruel). She can
contribute a kidney and get a $25,000 credit, enough for her and her
brood for five years (longer if she contributes blood platelets too).
At the end of five years, perhaps a cornea or half a liver. By the
time ten years have passed, her offspring would be on their own and
having their own tax issues.

That sort of thing was done years ago. (I'm not exactly sure of the
details). They were testing antimalarial drugs, and used prisoners as
"volunteers". I think they were promised reduced sentences or so. Some
of those prisoners were black. Blacks have a disproportionally high
incidence of G6PDH deficiency, and got very sick or died from one or
another of those drugs. Like those people who had syphilis, and they
really wanted to document the progress of the disease. So they treated
them with placebo. I had to memorize all those atrocities for our "human
use" submissions for our research. I'm busily trying to forget most of
that. Oh yes, this was in the USA, not Nazi Germany.

--
Best regards
Han