Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Larry Jaques wrote:

GE paid almost no taxes last year. Why is that? http://goo.gl/14DBG
And the get beaucoup grant monies: http://goo.gl/aeyw7

GE, and others, paid not taxes because they qualified for various
social-goal tax forgiveness. To the extent these companies
participated in these legislatively-approved social goals, they should
be applauded, not demonized.

You, me, and our fellow voters encouraged GE's participation. GE
didn't make the rules and shouldn't be criticized for playing by them.

I'm not critizing anyone who plays by the rules, except that those who
write the rules could be implicated in making those favorable rules.
Anyways, the rules should be amended, and if you ask me, all those
exceptions should have an automatic expiration date within (say) 5 years.

--
Best regards
Han