Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:37:57 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

The REAL inequity is that 49% of the population pays NO taxes at all!
How is that fair?

There's that BS non-statistic again. The real number is 14% who paid
neither federal income tax or payroll tax. A far cry from 50%. And
many of that 14% paid sales and other taxes. It's hard to live in any
developed country today and not pay taxes of some sort or nother.

I apologize for my shorthand. Please allow me to rephrase and perhaps you'll
have a cogent comment on the new rendition: "The REAL inequity is that 49%
of the wage-earning population pays NO income taxes at all! In fact, many
get a check from the government, the "earned income tax credit", for holding
a job instead of paying income taxes on that job. Buncha free-loaders, you
ask me."