Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default kind of thread is this

On Oct 13, 1:56*pm, Jimmy Suarez wrote:
can somebody tell what kind of thread is this?http://www.signaturehardware.com/product8636

it is for an old fashined door knob spindle,the thicknes is 9/32 square
stock, and 20TPI,is there a nut or bolt made for this thing? Thanx

That's what lathes are for. Had a couple like that on the French
doors at my parents' house, most of the rest in the place were a
little smaller and segmented diagonally so that the knob setscrew
would expand them in the latchset's square hole. Never had any
trouble with knobs pulling off with that sort, the French doors' knobs
were always loosening up. I think those spindles were hard and the
setscrews wouldn't bite in. Glad to know there's replacement parts
now, the place was built in the mid-20s and regular hardware stores
had nothing when we went looking, knobs or spindles.

Stan