Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default kind of thread is this

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:56:00 -0400, Jimmy Suarez wrote:

can somebody tell what kind of thread is this?
http://www.signaturehardware.com/product8636

it is for an old fashined door knob spindle,the thicknes is 9/32 square
stock, and 20TPI,is there a nut or bolt made for this thing? Thanx

Old enough to be its own standard, for one -- the house that my maternal
grandmother lived in was built in 1905 and had that style of hardware in
it. 1905 wasn't quite Before Standardization, but it was certainly at a
time when standards weren't terribly prevalent.

Now I'm kinda curious -- and I don't know the answer!

--
www.wescottdesign.com