Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs

On Oct 13, 11:09*am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

You make things equitable by looking at the world through the
corporate MBA's greedy glasses. Like that **** that GM is pulling
these last couple of years. They compete by offering lower prices on
new cars, like Malibu, then completely rape you when it is time for a
brake job... and after market parts voids all warranties of course.

I had not heard any such thing. *Since when do they void all warranties for
using aftermarket parts? *Doesn't seem like that could be true since there
is a complete LKQ industry out there that insurance companies drive.

I hadn't heard about that either. This could apply to fleet operators
who do their own maintenance maybe?
I will investigate further. But, what is the scoop on the insane
pricing of GM rotors (for instance) vs Ford?
And it's not just brake parts..all parts.

My
close friend manages fleets of cars for a large leasing company
(77,000 cars at last count) and tracks all maintenance costs. GM
products through the roof. Not in terms of break-downs, but parts
costs. And get this: A Canadian built GM car, when bought in the
States, then brought back to Canada, will have its warranty voided.

Never heard that either, but I don't pay much attention to matters of cars
crossing boarders.

--

-Mike-