Luigi Zanasi

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:04:13 -0500, Silvan
scribbled:
snip
After dicking around with the six bolts and wiggling around on the saw guts
for a couple of hours, the best I was able to accomplish is that there is
still a 0.014" gap between the pencil point and the marked tooth at the
back of the table. I could never manage to get it closer than that and
keep it there while the bolts were tightened back up.

snip
So what does the Wreck say? Keep dicking with it or leave it alone until I
see burn marks and other indications of a serious alignment problem? Maybe
try some 6/4 or larger and see how that changes things...

One thought - is the mitre gauge (miter gage, Keith) slot milled
straight or is there some bow in it? Might be worth checking first.
0.014" sounds like a lot over the width of the blade. It's almost
1/64". I'm surprised you're not getting any burning.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html