Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Sherwood RX-5502 Receiver Protection Shutdown, Repair, thoughts wanted...

On Oct 12, 10:05*am, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hello all...

This is part of a longer story which I won't get into now. Suffice it
to say that I've wanted to get my hands on a failed Sherwood RX-4105
or RX-4109 stereo receiver to see just what it is that kills
them...abuse, misuse, weak parts, bad engineering/quality control or
something else. I've never had any luck coming into a truly broken
one, but someone recently gave me an RX-5502 that would just shut down
right after power on. I've been very happy with all of the RX-4105 and
4109 units I own.

Why would you care so much about some Korean POS? Sherwood was once a
fine Chicago company, from the era when Chicago was the consumer
electronics center of the world.